Duties of Employers
When it comes to maintaining a safe workplace, Alberta’s Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) legislation, holds employers responsible for doing everything within reason to protect the health and safety of their employees.
An employer’s responsibility to health and safety can include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Establishing safe workplace practices and ensuring they are followed
- Ensuring all workers are properly trained
- Providing the necessary safety equipment for all staff
- Notifying all employees of the health and safety hazards present in their workplace
- Looking into serious accidents in the workplace
Still have questions on your responsibilities under the OHS Act?
We exist to help employers! For more information on duties of employers, give our complimentary employer helpline for small businesses a call. Our workplace health and safety experts are ready to help at 1-888-216-2550.